Monday, September 7, 2009

What do YOU believe?

I’ve successfully completed my first week of classes! I think I’m really going to like most of them. A few seem like they’re going to be a little boring, but not to challenging if I do the work. I’m taking 7 classes this semester, so I’m going to be super busy, but I’m also really excited. I already have a bunch of homework! For my acting class we were asked to make a list of 10 things we believe in and 10 things we don’t believe in. The direct assignment is:

“Write out as succinctly as possible ten ideas that you believe to be true. This might be easy for you, but if you’re struggling, try thinking about ideas of justice and what is fair. This should help you get started. Write a list of ten ideas you passionately disagree with; this can include political, social, or religious beliefs.”

I don’t know about you, but I think this is a really cool assignment. It really made me think, and I thought it would be something fun to share with all of you. Try making a list. It was hard for me, but also really fun. So go ahead and share your list!

Hope everyone is having a great Labor Day weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, 7 classes! Good for you, darling!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cool assignment. I truly believe in the power of going to the spa. I don't believe in....that one is much harder. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a cool assignment...good luck with school, hope the year goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this assignment! Have you ever read the books "This I Believe" and "This I Believe II"? They're based on the NPR special that featured the idea... go check them out! Celebs and authors and all these inspiring people wrote like 2 page essays on what they believe.

    And what do I believe (today anyway)? That unconditional friendship is one of life's best gifts. :)

    Hope you're having a good weekend & thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete