Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"It's Great to be Back, Back in my City"

So I'm home and settled back in New York. As happy as I am to be back, I'm already in need of a break. 20 minutes after I got home I got a message from my boss asking me to find companies to donate for our benefit gift bags, So I did that for the better part of the afternoon. I'm interested to see what companies actually get back to me. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's polite to respond to a person if they e-mail or leave a message, regardless of if you're actually going to donate anything. It's just common courtesy. On top of that I have memorize and perform a Shakespearian monologue this week, write two papers and keep up with my normal corse load. I know I'm not going to have time to do any homework this weekend, so I'm giving up my social life in place of hours of homework every night. If I'm MIA for a few days, that's why.

But all of this work will make the weekend just that much better! In addition to my roommates birthday celebration, one of my good friends from high school is coming to visit on Sunday. She wants to see Hair, so I'm going to take her to lunch and then a manatee!
I've also done a bit of shopping in the past few days! I bought two new pairs of shoes and a blouse. I got a pair of black slouchy boots, which are super comfortable and perfect for every occasion. I also got a pair of moccasins that are super cute, and made for walking. I'm going to wear them to the rally on the 11th! I also got a super cute white button down from J. Crew!

5 comments:

  1. welcome back. i remember those days of memorizing good ole william! lol.

    loving those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home. Wish I was in your town as we speak. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the moccasin beaded shoes, look supre comfy! Welcome back home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new finds! I hope your messages get answered-- you're right about common courtesy, and it's funny, because I blogged about that twice in the past week or so! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those boots...very chic.

    And I love NYC...my little brother is there right now. SO envious.

    ReplyDelete