Saturday, October 3, 2009

It's a Rainy Day

I got back to New York around 12:30 this afternoon after spending an amazing night in Connecticut. We got to my roommate's house around 6:30. Everyone else got there within the following hour, including one of our friends who said he couldn't come and surprised her by driving from Rhode Island to her house! We ate the most amazing home cooked meal of macaroni and cheese and baked ziti. It was so delicious! And I had my first apple fritter, which are my new obsessions. They are so good! I couldn't stop eating them all night.

After everyone was there and we had eaten we went to Lake Compounce, a small town amusement park with a fantastic haunted house. The whole thing took 45 minutes to go through and had at least 20 different parts to it. Our group had 12 people in it, and it was so much fun to watch my friends scream! Hehe. It was really really fun. When we got back to my roommate's house we proceeded to pig out on birthday cake and hang out. It was a great night.

We left this morning around 10:30 and made great time getting home. Since we all got minimal amounts of sleep last night everyone passed out when we got home. It's also been raining all afternoon, so it's the perfect lazy day. I've been sitting in bed watching movies all afternoon. I even fell asleep for about an hour. Tonight we're having everyone over for a little birthday celebration and then we're going out to a bar. I'm normally not a bar person, but all of our friend's are going, so I think I'll have a good time. Tomorrow I'm getting up early and meeting my best friend and one of our friends from high school for brunch and a matinee. I'm so excited to see them!

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Oh...I love rainy lazy days where you don't have to feel guilty about doing absolutely nothing! Hope your getting lots of rest and having a great day. = )

    ReplyDelete