Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Retail Therapy really works!

I’ve found one of the best ways to cope with boredom is shopping. Even if you’re just sitting around somewhere you still look cute. And when I look cute I feel better about myself. Shallow, I know.  The other day I went shopping with some friends and bought two new dresses. The first one is Lux and is super comfy. The second is a little more formal. It’s a purple dress from Silence and Noise.  It has an a-line skirt with pink and blue leaves and flowers on it. It’s really cute.

 

There’s another dress I’m thinking about buying, but I need your input! I can’t decide if it’s worth it. It’s from Bloomingdales, relatively inexpensive, and I have a gift card to put towards it. It’s also a bit outrageous. I would obvs only wear it in NYC, probably while under an influence or two. I love it, but don’t know if I could actually pull it off. What do you think? Should I buy the ridiculous going out dress? Or save my money for something practical?

After a two-week hiatus I started running again last night. Maybe it’s because it was so humid out, but I had the hardest time! I consider myself a pretty in-shape person. I exercise regularly (with the exception of the past two weeks), dance, and when I’m in New York go to the gym about 4 to 5 times a week. I’m also a vegetarian, so I have a pretty healthy diet. Normally I can run a mile and be fine, but last night I was ready to quit after a quarter mile! I go to the gym with a group of anywhere between 5 and 8 friends in New York (which is a great way to stay motivated and have fun while working out!) so hopefully they’ll help get me back into shape!

 

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment