Wednesday, November 4, 2009

WTF Maine?!

In case you haven't heard Maine has repealed their Gay Marriage Law, making gay marriage once again illegal. It really sickens me that there is still this much intolerance, bigotry and ignorance in our country. When I was little I used to dream about what my wedding would be like. Just the other day my roommates and I were talking about where we want to get married and what our dresses will look like. It breaks my heart that some of my closest friends have to fight for such a basic right. I cannot begin to describe how disappointed and ashamed I am of the people of Maine today.

For those of you in NYC--there is a rally in Union Square on Monday, November 9th at 6:00 pm to let our senators know where we stand! Please, please, please come out and support this cause!

1 comment: